The title “The Life You Save May Be Your Own” suggests that helping or protecting another person may also benefit you. Describe a time when helping someone else taught you something, changed your perspective, or made a positive difference in your own life.
Prompt: The title “The Life You Save May Be Your Own” suggests that helping or protecting another person may also benefit you. Describe a time when helping someone else taught you something, changed your perspective, or made a positive difference in your own life.
Prompt Response: A time where I helped someone else and it taught me something was when I helped my dad barbeque chicken for dinner this past summer. I helped him prepare the chicken and he taught me how to use the grill and how to cook the chicken. This made a positive difference in my life because not only did I learn how to grill chicken in a very easy and delicious way, but it also served as a bonding moment between me and my dad. Now I can use what he taught me to grill his chicken all the time, so it benefitted both of us for me to help!
Summary: Today in class we finished reading “The Life You Save May Be Your Own” and answered questions on it.
Reflection: I thought this story was kind of sad because it shows how eager Mrs. Crane was to trust a stranger, just for Lucynell to get abandoned by him. Not only does it reflect on Mr. Shiftlet’s cruel lack of responsibility and humanity, but it also shows that Mrs. Crane was irresponsible and selfish forcing Lucynell onto Mr. Shiftlet. I think both Mr. Shiftlet and Mrs. Crane lack responsibility, and it's a sad reality for Lucynell that she has to depend on people who lack said responsibilities.
Comments
Post a Comment