Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?

 Prompt: Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?

Prompt Response: If someone were to look through my trashcan today, they would find a goodwill receipt, sewing thread, and scrap paper with schoolwork on it. The goodwill receipt reveals that I like to go thrifting and buy clothes a lot, and it also shows that I prefer secondhand clothes over fast fashion. The sewing thread reveals that I'm crafty and independent, and that I like to sew up holes from my thrifted clothes or sew mini plushies. The scrap paper reveals that I prioritize my education and tend to do a lot of hard math and chemistry equations for homework. All these items show that I am unique, crafty, and smart.
Summary: Today in class I wrote about 10 items that I think the character Roy from “The Rockpile” would have in his trash can.
Reflection: This assignment made me think about how every item related to a person can show something about them, even things like their trash. You usually would not think that someone's trash would reflect their characteristics, but after thinking about my trash, I realized that it shows a lot about me and who I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you could change one rule at school, at home, or in society, what would it be? Using a claim of policy, make an argument for why that rule should change, using at least two reasons to support your claim.

Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.