In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent to you?

 Prompt: In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent to you?

Prompt Response: A place that holds special memories for me is my old elementary school in Idaho. I moved to Idaho with my dad in 2016 and experienced my first two years of grade school at Rimrock Elementary. It was a new experience for me in a place where I knew no one. I quickly made friends and fit into the community there. I hold lots of special memories, especially with my past friends and teachers there who made an impact on my life. Later in eighth grade, I learned to drive in that parking lot. Rimrock Elementary has served as a special place for me throughout my life, representing new possibilities, relationships, and learning. 
Summary: Today in class we read part I and part II of “A Rose for Emily” by William Faulkner and answered questions about it. 
Reflection: Faulkner's portrayal of Miss Emily and her refusal to change reminded me of people in my life who similarly avoid change. I find it frustrating when people can't accept change and move on because it's a part of life, and I can imagine the city authorities felt the same way when dealing with Miss Emily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you could change one rule at school, at home, or in society, what would it be? Using a claim of policy, make an argument for why that rule should change, using at least two reasons to support your claim.

Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.

Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?