In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?
Prompt: In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?
Prompt Response: A time where I felt like I truly belonged was in Jazz band last school year. After football season ends, Dr. Fairchild, the band director at Lakeside, starts up the Jazz band. Our school's Jazz band is my favorite group because it's such a small circle of students who are all motivated and love to create music. I feel like I belong in our Jazz band because we all share a love for our instruments and jazz. I am very excited for the Jazz band to start again this school year!
Summary: Today in class we read Missing Your People by Tracy Brower and answered questions about it on commonlit.
Reflection: Reading about a sense of belonging and how important it is to my mental health made me realize how vital it is to have special connections in my life. It made me grateful for the good relationships I have, and it also made me question some of my poorer ones that make me feel like I don't belong as well.
Comments
Post a Comment