In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?
Prompt: In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?
Prompt Response: An experience in my life that reminds me of how fast time moves is my highschool experience. I feel like since my freshman year, time has been going by so fast and it's hard to believe I'm already a junior. I often feel like I'm running short on time and not doing enough with my life because of how fast everything feels. As I get older, I have less free time. This experience has affected the way I value my time now because I make sure to stay on top of my work because it piles up quickly, and I especially value all of my free time because it's so limited.
Summary: Today in class we read and analyzed “Because I could not stop for Death,” by Emily Dickinon.
Reflection: Reading “Because I could not stop for Death,” made me realize life goes by fast and I must value every moment. One part of the poem that felt very relatable was when the speaker was passing through the stages of life and reminisced about childhood when they saw the kids on the playground. I often find myself reminiscing about childhood in the same way as the speaker.
Comments
Post a Comment