Have you ever had a first impression of someone that later turned out to be wrong? What made you form that first impression, and what eventually changed your mind? Based on what you have read so far, what first impression do you have of Mr. Shiflet? Explain what he has said or done that has shaped your opinion of him.

 Prompt: Have you ever had a first impression of someone that later turned out to be wrong? What made you form that first impression, and what eventually changed your mind? Based on what you have read so far, what first impression do you have of Mr. Shiflet? Explain what he has said or done that has shaped your opinion of him.

Prompt Response: Someone that I had a wrong first impression of was my sophomore year AP world history teacher, Ms. Harris. My first impression was that she was going to be a strict teacher that wasn't fun and overworked her students. I had this impression because I had heard a lot about her from people who previously had her class, but after taking her class my impression of her changed. I now think she is a fun teacher who rigorously prepares students for the AP exam but still has lots of fun in her classroom. Based on what I've read of “The Life You Save May Be Your Own,” my first impression of Mr. Shiflet is suspicious. I think it's odd to come up to an old lady and ask to work on her house even when she tells you she can't pay. It seems like he may have ulterior motives that I don't know of yet.
Summary: Absent from class.
Reflection: Absent from class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you could change one rule at school, at home, or in society, what would it be? Using a claim of policy, make an argument for why that rule should change, using at least two reasons to support your claim.

Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.

Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?