Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.

 Prompt: Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.

Prompt Response: A time I felt connected to nature was when I hiked the Iron Bog trail in Mackay Idaho with my Dad. It was a four mile hike uphill in the Pioneer Mountains, which led to a beautiful lake at the end. I did this hike during the summer, so it was really hot out but luckily accompanied by a nice breeze. There were flowers and diverse plants all along the trail, and all I could hear for miles were the birds chirping and my feet hitting the gravel. It was extremely relaxing, yet also challenging, but I took my time to appreciate the nature and my connection to it.

Summary: Today in class we had a lesson about Native American literature, origins, and myths. 

Reflection: Today I learned the themes of Native American literature, and how they focus on our connection with nature and how we should respect all life. It made me think about how I personally connect to nature, and how I can improve that connection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you could change one rule at school, at home, or in society, what would it be? Using a claim of policy, make an argument for why that rule should change, using at least two reasons to support your claim.

Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.

Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?