Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.
Prompt: Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.
Prompt Response: A meaningful object in my life is my pair of silver jeweled starfish earrings. They are meaningful to me because they were given to me by my grandmother, and were originally in my uncle's possession before he died. I value these earrings because of the family connection to them, and they also are very pretty. The starfish dangle off a hook, and have various jewels on the front side, making them colorful and stand out. I now take good care of these earrings to ensure I never lose or break them because they are special to me.
Summary: Today in class we read a Navajo creation Myth about the origin of the Navajo people.
Reflection: Today I learned the origin of the Navajo people, which made me realize a lot of origin myths share similar biblical allusions. I can use this knowledge when reading origin myths in the future to help provide context to what I am reading.
Comments
Post a Comment