How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events?

Prompt: How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events? In your response, describe the choices you made while developing your myth and explain the lesson, value, or human responsibility you wanted your story to communicate.

Prompt Response: Creating my own origin myth helped me to better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of things because telling stories are a memorable and thoughtful way to explain beliefs. Origin myths are a good way to explain aspects of certain cultures because they can be passed down through generations and they stand out with a common theme to help educate people. When I wrote my origin myth, I decided I wanted to write something about humans sharing nature and the environment with the animals because that is something society lacks today. I wrote about how humans can be selfish and must learn to respect nature because it's something I want to communicate.

Summary: Today in class we planned and wrote out our own origin myths.

Reflection: Today in class I developed my planning and writing skills by writing my own origin myth. I can use the skills I learned to help myself write better on future assignments. I also thought this assignment was very fun and I enjoyed creating my own characters and plot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you could change one rule at school, at home, or in society, what would it be? Using a claim of policy, make an argument for why that rule should change, using at least two reasons to support your claim.

Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.

Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?