In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

 Prompt: In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

Prompt Response: Someone who left a lasting impact on my life is my childhood best friend when I lived in Idaho. I moved to Idaho with my Dad when I was 8 years old and met my best friend there. I went to first and second grade in Idaho before I moved back to Georgia with my Mom. After I moved back to Georgia, I still continued to visit Idaho over the summers, but every summer I grew farther and farther apart from my friend. Eventually we lost contact, but I still have always remembered her as my best friend in a place that was new to me. She taught me about friendship and girlhood, and was like an older sister to me because she was in the grade above me. 
Summary: Today in class we worked on our heart project for “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” and reflected on how the mind and heart differ.
Reflection: When drawing the different elements of the heart and mind, I really had to think about what represents each side and what makes them different. I learned that the heart and mind are very different in the way they work which is why it's hard to get over complicated situations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you could change one rule at school, at home, or in society, what would it be? Using a claim of policy, make an argument for why that rule should change, using at least two reasons to support your claim.

Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.

Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?