In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?

 Prompt: In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?

Prompt Response: A time where my heart and mind wanted two different things was when I was talking to my Dad and brother about which one of us would be getting a car first. My mind knew that my brother was older and going into college so he needed a car, but my heart felt that I deserved the car more because I got my license first and wanted to get a job to start saving up for college. I ended up listening to my heart because I got my license at 16, and my brother got his at 19, so I got really emotional when they told me he would be getting the car instead of me even though I worked harder for it. I expressed this to my Dad and he said he understood how I felt, and he said  that I would get my own car eventually. 
Summary: Today in class we read “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” and analyzed its deeper meaning. 
Reflection: Today in class when we read “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” It made me think about past experiences I have had with friends and people in my life, and how those relationships were hard to break off and forget because the mind and heart work differently. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you could change one rule at school, at home, or in society, what would it be? Using a claim of policy, make an argument for why that rule should change, using at least two reasons to support your claim.

Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.

Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?